Last updated on March 29th, 2017 at 05:44 am
Actress Deepa Shree Niraula is a well known comedy actress in Nepal. She has acted in a number of big screen movies before settling down as a comedy actress. Deepa Shree Niraula became popular after she began the radio program ‘Dhaniya ki Duniya’ with Deepak Raj Giri. Deepak and Deepa later started ‘Tito Satya’ TV serial. Now, after the success of ‘Chhakka Panja’, Deepa Shree has also established herself as a successful film director.
(This post is an update to the post originally published on Aug 23, 2015)
Six mile-stones in Deepa Shree Niraula’s life
- Deepa debuted as an actress in a TV serial, ‘Agnipath’.
- Deepa debuted as a big screen actress in ‘Sangini’. The movie featured Namrata Shrestha as a child artist. At that time, Namrata was studying in grade one.
- Deepa Shree Niraula and Deepak Raj Giri started radio program ‘Dhaniya ki Duniya’
- Deepa and Deepak teamed up to direct and write ‘Tito Satya’, a comedy serial in Nepal Television. The TV show became one of the most successful TV serial and ran form more than 12 years spanning more than 600 episodes.
- Deepa and Deepak with Nirma Sharma produced ‘Chha Ekan Chha’ a comedy movie. The movie became successful and they produced another movie ‘Woda Number 6’ – another equally successful movie.
- Deepa Shree Niraula debuted as a director of the third film they made – ‘Chhakka Panja’. After the success of the record breaking movie, Deepa is going to direct the sequel of the movie ‘Chhakka Panja 2’. The movie is in it’s pre-production stage at the time of this writing (March 2017).
Two comedy programs – radio program ‘Dhaniyako Duniya’ and TV serial ‘Tito Satya’ are credited to make Deepa a popular actress. Deepa’s team up with comedy actor Deepak Raj Giri has been termed as the best team in the Nepali entertainment industry after the comedy duo Madan Krishna Shrestha and Hari Bamsha Acharya (MaHa).
Profile of Deepa Shree
- Name – Deepa Shree Niraula
- Birthday – August 23 (Bhadra 7, 2032)
- Parents – Tulsi Prasad Niraula (father), late Gita Devi Niraula (mother)
- Birthplace – Kaheli Tol, Biratnager – 10
- Profession – Actress, dancer, director
- Affiliation – Head of TV Artists Association (Elected in 2013)
- Education – IA
- Debut Teleserial – Agnipath (2048 BS)
- First stage show – 2040 BS in Biratnagar
- First Radio program – The Guest (Radio play)
- First Movie – Naso (2054)
- First movie in leading role – Sangini
- Height – 5 feet and 3 inches
- First Award – Abhinayashree Award (Best new actress, 2048 BS)
In 2047 BS she debuted in a TV serial ‘Agnipath’. She won the Best New Comer Award at Abhyana Shree Awards in 2048 BS.
Deepa also acted in Nepali movie ‘Naaso’, ‘Hero’, ‘Gaule’, ‘Ghar Sansar’, ‘Chamatkar’, ‘Sangini’ and a lot of other big-screen movies. But, she is better known as the Dhaniya in comedy program in radio and Deepa in popular comedy serial ‘Tito Satya’.
Deepa has travelled to various countries in the world to perform on stage. Some countries she has performed include the USA, the UK, Malaysia and various countries in Europe and Middle East.
Personal life of Deepa Shree Niraula
Although she has completed her 30s and entered in 40s, Deepa hasn’t married yet. Although she is rumoured to be in affair with her opposite in ‘Tito Satya’, Deepak Raj Giri, they both deny such relationship. Deepak is married and is father of two grown up sons and a daughter.
Deepa and her artists friends are running Kingsway Café. She has been a vegetarian for the last 18 years. She is also a religious person and is into meditation. Here are some photos of Deepa Shree mediating at a river bank in Manthali, Ramechhap. Deepa has stopped eating meat and meat products and has been a vegetarian for the last 20 years.
Deepa made news when she bought a house at the time of the New year if 2070 BS. The house located at Mid-Baneshwor area was all paid-off and brought by her own earning was a clear indication that there is a lot of money in comedy acting in Nepal.
After the success of ‘Chhakka Panja’, the film production team led by Deepak Raj Giri, had gifted Deepa with a car. (Video report)
Deepak and Deepa’s Dashain Tika:
Hot photos of Deepa Shree Niraula
10 Recent post of Deepa Shree Niraula
- Namrata Shreshta and Deepa Shree Niraula – same debut film, Sangini
- Deepa Shree Niraula Biography
- Top 10 Nepali Women of 2017
- Barsha Raut or Priyanka Karki or Namrata Sapkota in Chhaka Panja? (Full movie)
- Did you know, Namrata Shrestha was a child actress in Sangini?
- Tihar plan of Nepali actresses, Sanchita, Deepa, Barsha, Namrata, Rajani, Sabina
- Priyanka Karki transparent dress in How Funny premier
- Top 5 actresses of 2072
- Nepali Actress Bhai Tika 2015 (Photos)
- Priyanka Karki and Deepa Shree in a lovely embrace
Incoming search terms:
- deepa sree insaree