Beautiful actress with more almost three decades in the Nepali film industry, Karishma Manandhar has decided to start her political journey in ex-prime minister Baburam Bhattarai’s new party – Naya Shakti Nepal. Karishma was included in the 35-members interim central committee members of the to-be-formed new political party.
The leader, Baburam Bhattarai had left CPN Unified Maoist party in September to start a new party. Although he had left alone from the party, he slowly attracted a number of influential members in the party. Those from his previous party are however a minority In the newly formed interim committee. Majority of the members are former public officers and well known personalities in the society. From the film industry there are three members – Kaarishma, Ashok Sharma (actor and producer) and Saroj Khanal (actor).
The participation of Karishma and other film artists in a political party had been ridiculed by many in social media. Anand Nepal has created a fake-trailer of a movie named ‘Naya Shakti’. Watch the funny trailer:
The video report at the time Baburam left his previous party in September:
10 Recent post of Karishma Manandhar
- It’s Rare: Rekha and Karishma tell good things about each others
- Biography of Karishma Manandhar, Karishma goes to school
- Holi 2017 Karishma, Rekha, Priyanka and other actresses (Photos and video)
- NEFTA Awards 2016 goes to Namrata, Pooja and Samragyee, Karishma dance
- Rista Basnet joins Nepali Congress, but, doesn’t know what she is doing
- 5 Nepali actress with tattoo on breast, Karishma, Sushma to Shashi Khadka
- Dashain 2016 plans of Actresses – Karishma, Jharana, Sanchita and others
- Karishma Manandhar, a successful actress but an unsuccessful producer
- Father’s Day special – Fathers of Nepali actresses
- What did Karishma Manandhar do in Naya Shakti announcement?