Last updated on February 2nd, 2016 at 09:16 am
Bollywood actress Manisha Koirala hails from influential Koirala family in Nepal and she started her movie career back home in 1989 by ‘Pheri Bhetaula’ and a few advertisements like Mega Wool advertisement. She didn’t see much future in Nepal and headed towards Bombay (called Mumbai these days) India in search of roles in Bollywood movies.
Manisha got a break in Subhash Ghai’s ‘Saudagar’ released in 1991. The movie turned out to be the biggest hit of the year – helping Manisha to establish herself in Bollywood in her first attempt. But, during 1992-1993 she went through a number of unsuccessful movies until Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s 1994 love story movie ‘1942: A Love Story’ following by a Tamil film by Mani Ratnam ‘Bombay’ in 1995.
- Name – Manisha Koirala
- Date of birth – August 16, 1970
- Birth place – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Education – Vasant Kanya Mahavidhyalaya (VKM), Varanasi up to Grade 10, Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi (APS), Diploma in filmmaking from New York in 2004.
- Spouse – Samrat Dahal (married on June 19, 2010) and divorced in 2012
- Health – Diagnosed with cancer in November 29, 2012. Currently being treated in USA.
- Family history – Grandfather BP Koirala was the first elected prime minister of Nepal. Great-uncles great-uncles, Girija Prasad Koirala and Matrika Prasad Koirala were also prime minsters of Nepal. Her fatehr Prakash Koirala is also a prominent politician and an ex-cabinet minister.
- Pheri Bhetaula (1989)
- Dharma (2010)
Full listing of Hindi movies, Tamil movies, Telugu movies, Malayalam movies, Bengali Movies are available in ManishaKoirala.net .
- Manisha is known for drinking too much in parties (a news about Manisha being drunk in 2012 in xnepali)
- Manisha had gone through various unsuccessful affairs (An extensive list of Manisha’s boyfriends in xnepali)
- She couldn’t get along with her husband and expressed her feelings in her Facebook status.
- Controversial statement on support of then-king Gyanendra Shah is believed to have ended the possibility of her entering Nepali politics.
- 1995, Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress, Bombay
- 1996, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Performance, Bombay
- 1997, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Performance, Khamoshi: The Musical
- 1997, Star Screen Award Best Actress, Khamoshi: The Musical
- 2003, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Performance, Company
- 2004, Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards, Best Actress, Escape From Taliban
- 2006 – Gorkha Dakshin Bahu honored by the then King of Nepal for achievement in the Indian Film Industry
- 1995 – Filmfare Best Actress Award, 1942:A Love Story
- 1996 – Filmfare Best Actress Award, Akele Hum Akele Tum
- 1997 – Filmfare Best Actress Award, Khamoshi: The Musical
- 1999 – Filmfare Best Actress Award, Dil Se
Hot Photos of Manisha Koirala
- Wikipedia (and the references mentioned in the Wikipedia article)
- Various other websites
Incoming search terms:
- manisha koirala hot
- manisha koirala hot legs
- manisha koirala hot pics
- manisha koirala hd photo
- nepali actress bollywood