According to film producers, the remuneration Nepali actress get for the movie they do is a than their male counterparts. Most of the artists don’t like to reveal the amount they get for the movie they have done. According to an online magazine merocinema, here are the rates of some of popular actresses.
- Rekha Thapa – starts at Rs. 250,000 and gets up to Rs. 450,000 in some movies.
- Jharana Thapa – Starts at Rs. 100,000 and charges up to 250,000 per movie
- Nisha Adhikari – She got Rs.350,000 in ‘Padmini’. She had done ‘Pal’ for Rs 100,000.
- Namrata Shrestha – Charges around Rs. 300,000 per movie.
- Sumina Ghimire – Charges Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 200,000 per movie. She signed ‘Mistake’ for Rs. 150,000.
- Keki Adhikari – Rs. 150,000 per movie
- Priyanka Karki – Rs. 150,000 per movie
- Sushma Karki – Charges Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 100,000 per movie
- Binita Baral – She charges above Rs. 200,000 per movie. But, if she likes the movie she can also do the movie for free.
Note: These rates are speculative and might be far from reality. The artists prefer to keep their pay amount a secret so, these values shouldn’t be taken seriously. Please comment if you have something to say on the values.
Reference link – Merocinema
A 2009 video on the rates of actors and actress in Nepali movie industry: (It is almost 4 years old video)
Incoming search terms:
- nepali actors salary
- highest paid nepali actress
- market rate of nepali actor
- richest actor in nepal
- Nepal richest actor
- nepali actor salary
- highest paid actress in nepal
- highest paid nepali actor
- nepali actress salary
- www actress com